Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Become an Organizational Leader with a PhD or EdD from Concordia University Chicago
Business continually evolves. With continuing innovations in technology and process improvement, today’s organizational leader needs relevant expertise in business theory and strategy to succeed. For students looking to earn a graduate organizational leadership degree online, Concordia University Chicago offers two innovative degree options from a university of distinction.
The online EdD and PhD in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization programs prepare graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the modern business world. Whether you choose to pursue a PhD or EdD, both programs focus on producing ethical leaders who understand what it takes to operate a successful organization in the 21st century.
Online PhD in Organizational Leadership
- Theoretical and abstract
- “Big-picture” approach
- 67 credit hours
Online EdD in Organizational Leadership
- Practical and applicable
- Focused approach
- 61 credit hours
The online EdD/PhD in Organizational Leadership curriculum includes:
- Contemporary leadership theory with a focus on strategy
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Innovative change initiatives
- Organizational diagnostic strategies
- Purposeful reform interventions
Graduates who earn their organizational leadership degree online can expect to create an immediate impact on the future of their organization. They will have the skills and knowledge needed to assess and implement change and development initiatives as well as reform efforts.
Prepare for Organizational Leadership with an Online EdD or PhD from Concordia University Chicago
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized degrees in many industries, including healthcare, business, education and human services. The online EdD/PhD in Organizational Leadership program is designed for professionals who aspire to take on influential leadership roles in their organization or who plan to work in academia and educate the future business leaders of tomorrow.
Among the topics covered in the doctorate of organizational leadership online degree program are:
- Research-Based Decision Making
- How to Become a Leader Who Is a Trainer, Mentor, and Coach
- Leader Development: Cultivating, Sustaining and Renewing the Organization
- Leadership Communication and Decision-Making
- The Pursuit of Leadership Excellence
- Critical Issues in Leadership
- Leadership Theories and Professional Practice
- Developing the Organization’s Human Capital
- Leading the Knowledge Enterprise
- Promoting and Leading Change
- Strategic Forecasting and Planning
Degree Program Specifications
The online PhD in Organizational Leadership program requires 67 credit hours of coursework, including a comprehensive exam and dissertation. The EdD program has two less research courses and a total of 61 credit hours. All online courses are eight weeks in duration.
To be considered for admission into the online EdD or PhD Organizational Leadership program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a master’s degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Prospective students must complete the free online application and submit all required admission materials:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief statement outlining your education and career goals and explain how earning an organizational leadership degree online from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree.
- Graduate Exam Scores – Submit an official copy of your current Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores. (Test results must be dated within the prior three years). There is no minimum score required to be accepted.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies, personal character and potential for doctoral study.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
- Writing Sample – Submit a paper that demonstrates your ability to write in a scholarly manner at a level typical of graduate work. A paper from your master’s program would be most appropriate. This sample should approach, but not exceed, five pages in length.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee to apply for the online PhD or EdD program at Concordia University Chicago.
PhD/EdD, Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization: 61-67 Credit Degree Program
An EdD or PhD in Leadership with a specialization in Organizational Leadership prepares graduates for a wide variety of jobs. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates employment of managers and executives will grow 8% by 2026, resulting in over 800,000 new managerial jobs, including more than 190,000 in the top executive ranks.
Salaries for business managers and executives vary widely depending on the position and location. However, BLS data reveals that the median annual pay for top executives was $183,270 as of May 2017, and the top 10% earned upwards of $208,000 per year.
Earning your EdD or PhD in Organizational Leadership online from Concordia University Chicago prepares you for administrative, consulting and educational roles that require expertise in organizational leadership. If you aspire to become a leader in your field, this online doctorate program can be the first step on your journey to achieving that dream.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online EdD/PhD in Organizational Leadership. Students who enroll in the online program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.
© 2019 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved