Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Become a Finance Leader with an MBA from Concordia University Chicago
Financial officers play a key role in organizational success; they guide how money is invested and recommend how organizations can leverage those funds to achieve maximum returns. As a result, professionals with expertise in the latest financial strategies, tools and techniques are in high demand by organizations in virtually every industry.
Today’s perpetually expanding global marketplace and technological innovations represent just two of the many areas in which financial professionals are expected to have proficiency. Earning an online MBA with a Finance Specialization will give graduates insights into vital finance-related topics and position them for leadership careers in this critical business field.
Offered 100% online by Concordia University Chicago, the online MBA in finance emphasizes leadership and innovation from a business school of distinction. It is designed for accounting and finance professionals who aspire to influential, decision-making roles at the highest levels of an organization.
This online master’s in finance program helps students:
- Develop a solid foundation in money management and maximize return on investment.
- Understand the theory and strategy behind public and private fiduciary processes.
- Master the fundamentals of banking, financial statement analysis, and corporate and international finance.
- Attain a global perspective on finance-related issues and their broader economic implications.
Take the Next Step in Your Finance Career with an Online MBA
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees in many disciplines and industries. The online MBA with a Finance Specialization can help prepare business and accounting professionals to advance into financial management and leadership roles.
This online MBA includes all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus four classes focused on specialized finance topics:
- Fundamentals of Money and Banking
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- International Finance
- Intermediate Corporate Finance
Degree Program Specifications
Students must complete 48 hours of online coursework to earn an MBA with a Finance Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online MBA in finance program can be completed in roughly one to two years.
To be considered for admission into the online accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, Finance Specialization: 48 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Finance Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAF 6455||Fundamentals of Money & Banking||3|
|MBAF 6460||Advanced Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|MBAF 6465||International Finance||3|
|MBAF 6470||Intermediate Corporate Finance||3|
The job market for financial managers is exploding. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 19% increase in employment of financial managers between 2016 and 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
While a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience can help professionals transition into financial management, many employers reserve senior and executive-level positions for candidates with an MBA in finance. There is an ongoing need for qualified financial officers and managers in all sectors of the economy, including for-profit businesses, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. Earning an online MBA in finance can help position graduates for such positions as:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Accounting and Finance
- Asset Manager
- Financial Manager
- Investment Banker
- Financial Advisor
Salaries in this field vary depending on the exact job title, industry and location. As of May 2017, the BLS reports that the median annual salary for financial managers was $125,080, while the top 10% of financial executives earned more than $208,000.
Business organizations will always need experts in finance. Earning an online MBA with a Finance Specialization from Concordia University Chicago can help graduates attain sought-after leadership roles in a field that that promises great challenges and great rewards.
An MBA Certificate is can benefit you if you are looking to enhance your business career with a broader scope of skills. Our MBA Certificate in Finance will provide you with:
- Broad-based financial knowledge
- Strategies for making sound, ethical financial decisions
- Forecasting and analyzing skills
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online MBA in finance degree. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.
© 2020 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved