Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Realize Your Full Potential as a Leader and Innovator with a DBA Degree
Success in business relies on a spirit of innovation, ingenuity and entrepreneurship. Getting there requires an education that emphasizes these key values and offers cutting-edge research and theory with a focus on practical, real-world applications.
The Doctorate in Business Administration from Concordia University Chicago, offered both on-campus and online, delivers on all of these fronts. Designed for professionals ready to become leaders in their field and available in four specialized tracks, these online DBA programs provide the next-level tier of leadership and management preparation that goes well beyond the MBA.
- DBA in Strategic Leadership and Innovation – Focuses on managing change and providing quality leadership that meets the needs of 21st century organizations.
- DBA in Innovation in Health Care Management – Prepares professionals to lead innovation and change management in the health care industry.
- DBA in Innovations in Human Resources – Examines the foundational concepts of Human Resources (HR) in business environments, and recognizes the current challenges to HR management as it relates to traditional theories, models and practices.
- DBA in Marketing Innovations – Addresses global marketing strategies, emerging trends, and global corporate social responsibility; develops the understanding of the marketing channel, placing emphasis on channel design strategy and management.
All DBA programs feature:
- Application-oriented research
- Best practices and strategies to meet real-life business challenges
- A synthesis of global trends, business knowledge and leadership theory to advance both theory and practice
- Courses in quantitative research and advanced statistics
Qualified leaders are in high demand in today’s rapidly evolving, highly competitive business world and within the modern health care industry. Earning a DBA prepares graduates to excel in these roles from the moment they earn their degree.
Take the Next Step in Your Career with a DBA from Concordia University Chicago
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized degrees in many industries, including health care, business, education and human services. The DBA programs with specializations in Leadership and Innovation and Innovation in Health Care are designed for professionals who wish to achieve expertise in the latest theory, research and real-life business strategies in their chosen field.
The DBA programs from Concordia University Chicago prepares students to:
- Critically examine the literature of business, leadership and applied research
- Conduct independent, ethical, innovative and rigorous business research
- Design and implement innovative business solutions
- Evaluate the efficacy of business principles to effect change in global environments
- Master strategic marketing in a global environment
- Apply best practices involving business analytics and financial decision-making
- Become global leaders who understand the importance of social responsibility and ethical decision-making
All students enrolled in DBA online programs at Concordia University Chicago will have access to the university’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, which offers topical and experiential programs that include a speaker series, seminars, workshops, research projects, consulting engagements and sponsored internships at innovative and entrepreneurial companies.
Degree Program Specifications
The DBA programs each require 60 credit hours of online coursework, including a six-credit dissertation in the final semester. Courses are eight weeks in duration, and students typically earn their DBA in three years. (Note: This course is also available on-campus.)
To be considered for admission into the on-campus or online DBA program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a master’s degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Prospective students must complete the free online application and submit all required admission materials:
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies, personal character and potential for doctoral study. If possible, please submit one academic and one professional reference.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications and skills.
- Writing Sample – Capture your goals and ambition for pursuing the Doctorate in Business Administration in approximately 2-3 pages, double-spaced, using proper grammar, professional writing style, and correct paragraph composition. This is not your resume; it is an opportunity for you to present who you are, and how your academic and professional background has prepared you to pursue the DBA.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online DBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago.
Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA): 60 Credit Degree Program
Doctorate of Business Administration Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|DBA 7010||Foundations of the Doctoral Experience||2|
|DBA 7000||The DBA Residency Experience 1||1|
|DBA 7020||The Global Leader: Social Responsibility and Ethical Decision Making||3|
|RES 7901||Research Design||4|
|DBA 7404||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 1||1|
|DBA 7405||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 2||1|
|DBA 7401||Mentor Courseroom 1||3|
|DBAL 7701||Strategic Leadership Thought||3|
|– OR –|
|DBAH 7701||Innovative Best Practices in Health Care Management||3|
|DBA 7406||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 3||1|
|RES 7605||Quantitative Research||3|
|DBA 7200||The DBA Residency Experience 2||1|
|RES 7700||Qualitative Research||3|
|DBA 7407||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 4||1|
|DBA 7030||Strategy Formulation, Deployment & Innovation: A Global Perspective||3|
|DBA 7040||Global Business Operations||3|
|DBA 7402||Mentor Courseroom 2||3|
|DBAL 7702||Strategic Leadership Practice||3|
|– OR –|
|DBAH 7702||Health Care Analytics & Financial Applications for Health Care Management||3|
|DBA 7408||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 5||1|
|DBA 7050||Business Analytics & Financial Decision Making||3|
|DBA 7300||The DBA Residency Experience 3||1|
|DBA 7403||Mentor Courseroom 3||3|
|DBA 7060||Global Concepts in Strategic Marketing||3|
|DBAL 7703||Disruptive Innovative Execution||3|
|– OR –|
|DBAH 7703||Governance of Health Care Systems||3|
|DBA 7409||Accompanying Mentor Courseroom 6||1|
|DBA 8000||Dissertation 1||3|
|DBA 8010||Dissertation 2||3|
Those who earn a DBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will be well prepared to take on leadership roles in business or health care organizations or to successfully launch a business of their own.
Qualified leaders are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates employment of managers and executives will grow 8% by 2026, resulting in over 800,000 new managerial jobs, including more than 190,000 in the top executive ranks.
Salaries for business managers and leaders vary widely depending on the position and location. However, BLS data reveals that the median annual pay for top executives was $183,270 as of May 2017, and the top 10% earned upwards of $208,000 per year.
DBA graduates can expect to find employment opportunities:
- Heading large departments within an organization
- Leading nonprofits and government agencies
- Consulting with companies on innovation and strategic leadership
- Teaching at the university level
- Managing health care facilities such as hospitals, physician clinics, community centers and long-term care homes
- Working for professional organizations
In today’s competitive, global marketplace, the need for expertise in leadership is greater than ever. The need for ethical, socially responsible leaders is just as great. The online DBA program from Concordia University Chicago will prepare you to become a highly effective leader who drives positive change and sets the standard for other professionals industry-wide.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online DBA program. Students who enroll in the program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.
© 2020 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved