Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Change is a constant in business. Successful managers understand the benefits of change as well as the importance of strong leadership in uncertain times. Employers value leaders who can guide organizations through changes and challenges—from shifting consumer behavior to new regulatory guidelines to technological advances—with a minimum of disruption and a focus on positive outcomes.
That’s why effective leadership and change management skills are inextricably linked and more critical than ever in modern business. The online MBA with a Leadership and Change Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago empowers professionals and managers to prepare for executive leadership roles in today’s rapidly evolving business environment.
A 100% online change management MBA allows working professionals to pursue a graduate degree on their own schedule. The Concordia University Chicago program is unique in that it combines the benefits of a traditional online management MBA and a specialized online change management master’s degree.
The online MBA in change management program will help students:
- Develop the skills needed to become a resourceful and creative leader.
- Implement business strategies that adapt to changing consumer needs.
- Create a business foundation that fosters effective and efficient organizational changes.
- Demonstrate expertise in leadership theories and intercultural leadership.
- Understand and leverage the keys to successfully manage strategic change.
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees that span many industries and business disciplines. The online MBA with a Leadership and Change Management Specialization aims to produce graduates who are fully prepared to take on the challenges of running a modern organization.
This online change management MBA covers all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus four additional classes that focus on important leadership and change management strategies in greater depth:
- The Leader as Trainer, Mentor and Coach
- Leader Development
- Leadership Communication and Decision Making
- Agents of Change
Students must complete 48 hours of online coursework to earn an MBA with a Leadership and Change Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar includes three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online change management MBA program can be completed in roughly one to two years.
To be considered for admission into the online accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, Leadership and Change Management Specialization: 48 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Leadership and Change Management Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAL 6005||The Leader as Trainer, Mentor and Coach||3|
|MBAL 6010||Leader Development: Cultivating, Sustaining and Renewing the Organization||3|
|MBAL 6015||Leadership Communication and Decision Making||3|
|MBAL 6020||Agents of Change||3|
An MBA in change management prepares graduates for leadership roles in any industry and at all levels of an organization. Professionals who earn a reputation for effective change management are often promoted to senior leadership and executive positions. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates employment of managers and executives will grow 8% by 2026, resulting in over 800,000 new managerial jobs and more than 190,000 in the top executive ranks.
While a bachelor’s degree in business can prepare professionals for managerial roles, an MBA remains the gold standard for those who aspire to advance into the top levels of an organization. Graduates who earn an online MBA with a Leadership and Change Management Specialization often hold such titles as:
- CEO, CMO or COO
- Director of Change Management
- Process Improvement Manager
- Change Management consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Global Programs Manager
Salaries for business managers and leaders vary widely depending on the position and location. However, BLS data reveals that the median annual pay for top executives was $183,270 as of May 2017, and the top 10% earned upwards of $208,000 per year.
As global business continues to expand and evolve, the need for experts in business strategy and innovation has never been higher. For professionals who aim to move into senior management, earning an online MBA with a Leadership and Change Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago can open the door to the top jobs in every industry.
An MBA Certificate can beneift you if you are looking to enhance your business career with a broader scope of skills. Our MBA certificate in Leadership and Change Management will provide you with:
- Unparalleled organizational leadership skills
- Perspective and theories on leadership styles and trends
- Techniques for implementing strategic change
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online change management master’s degree. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.