MBA, Sports Management Specialization
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Enhance Your Business Skills in Sports Management with an MBA from Concordia University Chicago
The business of sports is just as important as the games on the field. The industry has quickly adapted to innovative technology and data-driven strategies. Accordingly, success in sports management revolves around a combination of fundamental business knowledge and in-depth insights into the sports market.
Much like the games themselves, sports management can be highly competitive. However, opportunities have increased as professional and collegiate sports franchises have grown. Effective leaders in this field typically combine a deep knowledge of the game with expertise in technology and business. Earning a Sports Management Masters Degree Online from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates to assume lead roles in this exciting industry.
The on-campus or 100% online Sport Management MBA Program allows busy professionals to earn an MBA on their schedule, no matter where they live or work or how often they’re on the road. This innovative online sport management MBA program will help students:
- Gain an understanding of the administrative, business and legal aspects of sports management.
- Learn how to apply statistical analysis to managerial problems in the sports industry.
- Develop expertise in sports finance and related economic considerations.
- Recognize and analyze the impact of diversity and gender equity in the sports world.
- Explore the range of jobs and settings that employ sports managers, including universities, talent agencies, major and minor league teams, and sports facilities.
Score a Career in Sports Management with an MBA
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized Sport Management MBA Programs in many disciplines and industries. The online MBA with a Sports Management Specialization is designed for professionals who want to leverage business expertise to break into or advance within the world of sports.
This online master’s in sports management program includes all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus four additional classes that focus exclusively on sports-related business topics:
- Economics of Sports
- Sport Finance
- The Essentials in Law of Sports
- Level the Playing Field: Diversity in Sports
Degree Program Specifications
Students must complete 48 hours of coursework to earn an MBA with a Sports Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online sport management MBA program can be completed in roughly one to two years.
Explore Career Insights in Sports Management for Your Location
Career Outlook for Sports Management Leaders
Earning an online MBA in sports management can position professionals for sought-after jobs with talent management agencies, major and minor league sports teams, collegiate athletics programs and sports training facilities. Graduates of the online sport master’s program should be well prepared for leadership and management roles in:
- Sports Administration
- Talent Management
- Sports Media
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Organization Operations
- Events Management
At both the professional and collegiate levels, sports remain popular with fans all over the world. Their love of the game will ensure continuing demand for sports business leaders with relevant expertise. Earning an online MBA with a Sports Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago can help graduates leverage their business skills and industry knowledge into a coveted career in sports.
Get answers to your questions with our webinar:
MBA, Sports Management Specialization: 48 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Sports Management Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAS 6800||Economics of Sport||3|
|MBAS 6805||Sport Finance||3|
|MBAS 6810||The Essentials in Law of Sports||3|
|MBAS 6815||Level the Playing Field: Diversity in Sports||3|
To be considered for admission into the online accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online sports management master’s program. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.
© 2021 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved