Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Become a Leader in Accounting with an MBA from Concordia University Chicago
Accountants play a critical role in every organization. In addition to managing finances, they oversee adherence to proper accounting procedures and help ensure financial operations run effectively and efficiently. Accountants with both theoretical and practical business knowledge are highly valued. Earning an accounting MBA from Concordia University Chicago puts you on the path to attaining leadership positions in this in-demand field.
The on-campus and online accounting MBA from Concordia University Chicago helps students:
- Gain the knowledge needed to perform complex accounting tasks.
- Prepare to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Develop the skills to analyze economic performance.
- Master advanced accounting report strategies.
- Demonstrate readiness for leadership and management positions in accounting.
Take the Next Step in Your Accounting Career with an MBA
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees in many disciplines and industries, including options for students interested in pursuing an MBA in finance. This on-campus and online program is designed for accounting professionals who are ready to move into a management or leadership role.
The accounting MBA degree includes all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus eight courses in specialized accounting topics:
- Business Communication and Organizational Behavior
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting II
- Financial Management of Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Audit Theory and Practice
- Advanced Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Corporate Taxation
Degree Program Specifications
This MBA specialization is available both on-campus and online.
Students must complete 60 hours of online coursework to earn an MBA with an Accounting Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online MBA in accounting program can be completed in two to three years.
To be considered for admission into the accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief statement outlining your education and career goals and explain how an accounting MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or better for bachelor’s degrees and 3.00 or higher for a master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, Accounting Specialization: 60 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Accounting Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAA 6305||Business Communication & Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBAA 6310||Intermediate Financial Accounting I||3|
|MBAA 6315||Intermediate Financial Accounting II||3|
|MBAA 6320||Financial Management of NFP Organizations||3|
|MBAA 6325||Audit Theory and Practice||3|
|MBAA 6330||Advanced Accounting||3|
|MBAA 6335||Federal Income Taxation||3|
|MBAA 6340||Corporate Taxation||3|
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 10% increase in employment of accountants and auditors from 2016 to 2026, as well as 19% growth in financial manager occupations over the same period.
While a bachelor’s degree can prepare graduates for entry-level accounting jobs, many employers prefer to hire professionals with a master’s degree—particularly for jobs in accounting leadership and management.
Every employer needs accountants, including businesses, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. Earning an Online Accounting MBA Program can help graduates land a variety of leadership and management positions, including:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Manager or Consultant
- Public Accountant
- Tax Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Internal or External Auditor
- Budget Analyst
Accounting salaries vary depending on the position. As of May 2017, the median pay for accountants and auditors was $69,350, according to BLS data. The top 10% in this field earned more than $122,220. For those who progress into a financial manager role, the BLS reports a median annual salary of $125,080.
Demand for qualified accounting professionals should remain high in the coming years. Earning an online MBA with an Accounting Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares you for leadership roles in a career that offers job stability, interesting challenges and rewards.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online accounting MBA degree. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit the active-duty/veterans website.
© 2019 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved