Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Master Project Management Across Industries with an MBA from Concordia University Chicago
The value project management provides to executing successful business initiatives is broad and seemingly boundless, from meeting timeline and workload projections to efficiencies that lead to tighter budgets and better bottom lines. As companies across industries increasingly realize the value of project management, the field continues to see workforce development needs increase at an astronomical rate. According to the Project Management Institute, “through 2027, the project management-oriented labor force in seven project-oriented sectors is expected to grow by 33 percent, or nearly 22 million new jobs,” and “by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management-oriented roles.”1 The online MBA with a Project Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates to effectively fill this ever-growing need.
Students can be confident that this program was expertly developed and intentionally designed to:
- Equip students with the quantitative and qualitative knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to handle project planning, risk management, high-level decision making, and management strategy implementation
- Teach the skills to prepare students for project management certifications including the Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) professional certification exams
- Prepare graduates for project manager positions in a wide range of project-intensive fields
Advance Your Project Management Career with an Online MBA in Project Management
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees in many disciplines, industries and business sectors. The online MBA with a Project Management Specialization produces graduates who are prepared to increase their leadership and team management skills while gaining the knowledge and tools necessary for successful project planning, execution, management, and reporting.
This online Project Management MBA includes all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus three additional courses that focus exclusively on project management:
- MBAP 6605 – Managing Projects
- MBAP 6610 – Project Resources and Teams
- MBAP 6615 – Project Monitoring and Control
Degree Program Specifications
Students must complete 45 hours of online coursework to earn an MBA with a Project Management from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online Project Management MBA program can be completed in roughly one to two years.
To be considered for admission into the online Project Management MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, Project Management: 45 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Project Management Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAP 6605||Managing Projects||3|
|MBAP 6610||Project Resources and Teams||3|
|MBAP 6615||Project Monitoring and Control||3|
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects an 8% increase in employment of school principals between 2016 and 2026, and a 10% increase in employment of postsecondary education administrators.
A master’s degree in education is often required for leadership and administrative roles in the education system, along with prior teaching or administrative experience. An MBA degree with an education specialization demonstrates that graduates are knowledgeable in business theory and education system challenges, making them uniquely prepared for administrative roles.
Earning an online MBA with an education specialization prepares graduates for a variety of leadership and administration positions, including:
- Elementary, Middle or High School Principal
- Development Director
- Chief Academic Officer
- School System Administrator
Salaries vary depending on the position. According to BLS data from May 2017, the median pay for school principals was $94,390 and the median salary for postsecondary education administrators was $92,360. The top 10% of principals earned more than $140,780 per year and the top 10% of postsecondary administrators earned over $182,150 annually.
As these job growth numbers and earnings potential illustrate, qualified educational leaders remain in demand. Earning an online MBA with a Chief School Business Official Specialization from Concordia University Chicago will prepare you for educational leadership roles and a career that focuses on providing the best education possible for all students.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for this online MBA degree. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit the active-duty/veterans website.
© 2020 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved