Why Concordia University Chicago?
As a distinctive, comprehensive university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago equips men and women to lead and serve with integrity, creativity, competence and compassion in a diverse, interconnected world.
MBA, Accounting Specialization
The MBA, Accounting Specialization program is designed for students who are interested in becoming an accountant in a wide variety of organizations. Graduates have a well-rounded set of skills to enter the workforce in leadership positions. Some of the careers that students pursue are auditing, tax strategy and managerial accounting. The program prepares students to take the Certified Public Accountants examination. Students acquire relevant skills throughout the program including the ability to analyze economic performance, use advanced accounting reports and convey key information to stakeholders.
*Please note that each state has its own rules for sitting for the CPA Exam in each jurisdiction. These requirements change frequently for all 50 states. The specialization in accounting will assist you in meeting some of the steps towards sitting for a State CPA Exam. Please verify eligibility with each State CPA Board where you intend to practice.
Flexible: Online, On-Campus, or Hybrid
2 to 3
Get in Touch
- Beth Lewis
- (708) 263 - 6758
- Managing and Leading Effective Organizations
- Ethics, Law & Communication in Decision Making
- Global Marketing in the Digital Era
- Organizational Behavior
- Economics for Management
- Entrepreneurialism & Innovation
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Managing Human Capital (HR, HCM, Global Teams)
- Statistics Applied to Managerial Problems
- Financial Management
- Global Management
- Capstone Course
Accounting Specialization Courses
- Business Communication & Organizational Behavior
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- Financial Management of NFP Organizations
- Audit Theory and Practice
- Advanced Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Corporate Taxation