MBA, School Business Management Specialization
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Become a Leader in Education Management with an MBA in School Business Management
Around the world, people have come to recognize the importance of education in improving lives. The work done by school administrators plays a major role in delivering quality education to students everywhere. Yet education leaders face many complex challenges, including financial, legal, regulatory and staffing concerns.
Educational administrators require advanced expertise to address and resolve these challenges while navigating the day-to-day responsibilities of running a school. Earning an online MBA with a School Business Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates for advancement in education management while improving educational and business outcomes.
This on-campus or 100% online MBA in school business management allows busy teachers and administrators to pursue a graduate business degree on their own schedule. The online MBA in school management program will help students:
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to oversee and improve a complex educational system.
- Gain a solid foundation in business fundamentals and explore their practical applications in an educational setting.
- Master key concepts in educational budgeting, facilities management, human resources, public relations, and administrative and legal issues.
- Prepare for the Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) certification program.
Take the Next Step in Your Education Management Career with an MBA
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees in many disciplines and industries, including options for students interested in earning a master’s in education management. The online MBA with a School Business Management Specialization is designed for professionals who aspire to transition into or advance within education leadership roles.
This MBA degree includes many of the courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus four additional courses that focus on specialized school management topics:
- Managing and Leading Effective Organizations
- Ethics, Law and Communication in Decision Making
- Global Marketing in the Digital Era
- Organizational Behavior
- Economics for Management
- Entrepreneurialism and Innovation
- Managing Human Capital
- Global Management
- School Funding Accounting and Budgeting
- School Evaluation and Change
- Principles of School Business Management
- School Finance Law
Degree Program Specifications
Students must complete 36 hours of coursework to earn an MBA with a School Business Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online MBA in school business management program can be completed in one or two years.
To be considered for admission into the online accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, School Business Management Specialization: 36 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
School Business Management Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAC 6000||Managing and Leading Effective Organizations||3|
|MBAC 6050||Ethics, Law & Communication in Decision Making||3|
|MBAC 6100||Global Marketing in the Digital Era||3|
|MBAC 6150||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBAC 6200||Economics for Management||3|
|MBAC 6250||Entrepreneurialism & Innovation||3|
|MBAM 6705||School Funding Accounting & Budgeting||3|
|MABC 6350||Managing Human Capital (HR, HCM, Global Teams)||3|
|MBAM 6715||School Evaluation & Change||3|
|MBAM 6700||Principles of School Business Management||3|
|MBAC 6500||Global Management||3|
|MBAM 6710||School Finance Law||3|
Career Outlook for Educational Leaders
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts an 8% increase in employment of school principals through 2026, as well as a 10% increase in employment of postsecondary education administrators.
According to the BLS, principals and postsecondary administrators typically require a master’s degree as well as previous teaching or administrative experience. An MBA degree with a specialization in school business management demonstrates that graduates are knowledgeable in education system challenges and business theory, and therefore well prepared to take on administration leadership positions.
Earning an online MBA in school business management prepares graduates for a variety of leadership and administration positions, including:
- Elementary, Middle or High School Principal
- Development Director
- Chief Academic Officer
- School System Administrator
Salaries in this field will vary depending on the position and location. As of May 2017, BLS data indicates the median annual pay for school principals was $94,390 and the median salary for postsecondary education administrators was $92,360. The top 10% of principals earned more than $140,780 per year and the top 10% of postsecondary administrators earned over $182,150 annually.
Qualified educational leaders are always in demand. Earning an online MBA with a School Business Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates for educational leadership positions that will enable them to play an influential role in designing the next generation of educational programs.
Tuition & Financial Aid
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online MBA in school business management. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.
© 2020 Concordia University Chicago | All Rights Reserved