Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Most people regard an MBA as a stepping-stone to senior management roles in the for-profit business world. While that remains true, a growing number of professionals are recognizing the value of an MBA in nonprofit management to advance their careers and benefit their respective organizations.
Nonprofit leaders are often passionate about helping others and creating positive societal changes. But to optimize organizational resources and drive future growth, they must understand the financial, legal and regulatory dynamics that underpin success in the nonprofit arena. The online MBA with a Not-For-Profit Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates to do just that.
Students can be confident this 100% online nonprofit MBA program covers the strategies, theories and best practices that create a foundation for success. In fact, Online MBA Today recognizes this degree among its Top 20 Online MBA Programs in Nonprofit Management, ranking Concordia University Chicago 11th in the United States.
This nationally acclaimed online nonprofit management MBA program was developed by experts in the field, and it was designed to help students:
- Understand the legal and financial structure of nonprofit organizations and key aspects of board governance.
- Identify funding sources and develop effective grant-writing skills.
- Develop a current operating plan and long-range strategic plan.
- Recruit, manage and motivate volunteers who are committed to furthering the organization’s mission.
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized MBA degrees in many disciplines, industries and business sectors. The online MBA with a Not-For-Profit Management Specialization produces graduates who are prepared to address the unique challenges of running a nonprofit organization.
This online nonprofit management MBA includes all 12 courses featured in the core MBA degree program, plus four additional classes that focus exclusively on nonprofit organizations.
- Introduction to Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Financial Management of Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Topics in Board Governance and Management of Volunteers
- Fund Development and Management
Students must complete 48 hours of online coursework to earn an MBA with a Not-for-Profit Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago. The academic calendar features three 16-week semesters per year, with each semester comprised of two consecutive eight-week terms. Depending on whether students opt for a standard or accelerated degree plan, the online nonprofit MBA program can be completed in roughly one to two years.
To be considered for admission into the online accounting MBA degree program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Complete and submit all required admission materials as follows:
- Objective Statement – Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an MBA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts – Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation – Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
- Professional Resume – Provide a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant work experience, degrees, certifications, and skills.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online MBA program at Concordia University Chicago.
MBA, Not-for-Profit Management Specialization: 48 Credit Degree Program
Total Core MBA Credits – 36
Not-for-Profit Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MBAN 6600||Introduction to NFP Organizations||3|
|MBAN 6605||Financial Management of NFP Organizations*||3|
|MBAN 6610||Topics in Board Governance & Management of Volunteers*||3|
|MBAN 6615||Fund Development & Management*||3|
Earning an MBA in nonprofit management opens the door to leadership roles in many types of organizations, including nonprofit enterprises, community programs, government agencies and industry trade groups.
While a bachelor’s degree can prepare professionals for entry-level positions in this sector, many nonprofit organizations prefer those in leadership to have a graduate degree. Earning an online MBA with a Not-For-Profit Management Specialization can prepare graduates for jobs such as:
- Executive Director
- Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Program Director
- Director of Advancement
- Director of Outreach
- Director of Development
The need for effective nonprofit leadership is more imperative than ever. While more people around the world are enjoying a higher standard of living, others have been left behind. Underserved communities and challenging problems require focused leaders with expertise in all areas of a nonprofit organization. Earning an online MBA with a Not-For-Profit Management Specialization from Concordia University Chicago can prepare graduates to take on this challenging and often life-changing role.
An MBA Certificate can benefit you if you are looking to enhance your business career with a broader scope of skills. Our MBA Certificate in Not-for-Profit Management will provide you with:
- Knowledge of the unique legal structure of not-for-profit organizations
- Overview of board formation and governance
- Grant writing and fundraising best-practices
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online nonprofit MBA. Students who enroll in the online MBA program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.