Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
The only constant in today’s business world is change. Technology has led to new data-driven strategies. Process improvement methodologies are helping organizations become more effective and efficient. Those in leadership positions must be prepared to design and implement new strategies.
The Master of Arts in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares leaders to successfully manage change and innovation. This 100% online program is designed for professionals who aspire to top management and leadership roles within their field.
Students who pursue the organizational leadership master online will develop:
- Skills for managing change while producing deliverables effectively, ethically and efficiently for an increasingly diverse population
- Expertise in implementing strategic planning and forecasting, innovative change initiatives, organizational diagnostic strategies and purposeful reform interventions
- Insights into how to become a highly effective leader, trainer, mentor and coach
Leaders in the modern business world need expertise in change management. Technology has revolutionized how business leaders make decisions. Ethics and excellence also play a key role in the success of leaders. Those with the skills, knowledge and expertise to guide organizations through times of change remain more in demand than ever.
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized, innovative degrees in many industries. The MA in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization produces graduates who are ready to take on the challenges of running an organization.
Students who pursue their organizational leadership MA online will study:
- Leadership and Excellence
- Strategic Leadership and Planning
- Ethical and Social Leadership
- Evaluation and Research for Counselors
- Leadership Development: Cultivating, Sustaining and Renewing the Organization
- Leadership: Politics, Power and Applied Ethics
- Leadership Communication and Decision-Making
- Agents of Change
- Knowledge Management Information Leadership
The MA in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization program requires 33 credit hours of online coursework, including a leadership capstone experience in the final semester. With one course per eight-week term, students will complete the degree program within two years.
To be considered for admission into the organizational leadership master online program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Prospective students are required to complete the free online application and submit all required admissions materials:
- Objective Statement– Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how earning an organizational leadership degree online from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts– Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better for bachelor’s degrees and 3.0 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation– Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the organizational leadership MA online at Concordia University Chicago.
MA, Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization: 33 Credit Degree Program
Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|OLDR 6000||Leadership and Excellence||3|
|OLDR 6001||Strategic Leadership and Planning||3|
|RES 6620||Introduction to Research||3|
|OLDR 6002||Ethical and Social Leadership||3|
|OLDR 6800||The Leader as Trainer, Mentor and Coach||3|
|OLDR 6810||Leader Development: Cultivating, Sustaining and Renewing the Organization||3|
|OLDR 6820||Leadership: Politics, Power and Applied Ethics||3|
|OLDR 6830||Leadership, Communication and Decision-Making||3|
|OLDR 6840||Agents of Change||3|
|KMIL 6090||Knowledge Management Information Leadership||3|
|OLDR 6004||Leadership Capstone||3|
Earning an MA in Organizational Leadership prepares graduates for a variety of management and executive roles in the business world. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates employment of managers and executives will grow 8% by 2026; this translates to over 800,000 new managerial jobs, including more than 190,000 in the top executive ranks.
Salaries for business managers and leaders vary widely depending on the position and location. However, BLS data reveals that the median annual pay for top executives was $183,270 as of May 2017, and the top 10% earned upwards of $208,000 per year.
While a bachelor’s degree in business can prepare students for management roles, a master’s degree is often required for the top jobs in the profession. Earning an MA in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization from Concordia University Chicago prepares graduates for top positions such as:
- CEO, CFO or COO
- Human Resources Director
- Higher Education Administrator
- Corporate Trainer
- Project Manager
To maximize performance and revenues, organizations are always seeking new ways to make their operations more efficient. Their need for leaders who are experts in business strategy and innovation has never been greater. For professionals who want to move into influential leadership roles, an MA in Leadership: Organizational Leadership Specialization from Concordia University Chicago can open the door to some of the most challenging and rewarding jobs in every industry.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the organizational leadership MA online program. Students who enroll in the program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.