Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Concordia University Chicago.
Though prosperity continues to expand around the globe, so do poverty, underserved communities and human rights issues. Human services leaders are dedicated to taking on these issues, bringing passion to a career that involves building a better future for the less fortunate. Earning a Master of Arts in Human Services prepares you to succeed as a leader in this important field.
The 100% online MA in Human Services program at Concordia University Chicago is designed to prepare the next generation of human services leaders. Graduates learn the practical application of theory and strategy for solving human services challenges, as well as important values and ethics that are key components of the job.
The online human services MA program from Concordia University Chicago features:
- Best practices in administration of human services
- Information, planning and evaluation in human services
- A curriculum that combines psychology and social services, leading to well-rounded graduates.
- Preparation for leadership and management positions in a variety of health care and social services settings
Human services professionals play a vital role in society. They bring a commitment to caring and a passion for helping others that sets them apart from those in most other fields. Becoming a leader in the profession requires dedication and expert-level knowledge in the latest human services strategies and public policies. Earning a master’s in human services degree prepares graduates for influential roles in this vital field.
Concordia University Chicago offers a variety of specialized degrees in many industries, including health care, business, education and human services. The online human services degree program is designed for professionals who are ready to advance their career in this field and for those with a desire to transition into the industry.
The online MA in Human Services program gives students the chance to:
- Prepare for leadership in programs that support and aid others.
- Appreciate the potential of individuals in low-income and underserved communities and help them to achieve their goals.
- Develop expertise in managing human services agencies.
- Hone the financial skills needed to efficiently and effectively run a human services agency.
- Gain the expertise needed to excel in a variety of human services agencies, including mental health programs, case management, grant writing, nonprofits and health care facilities.
The two-year online MA in Human Services program consists of 33 credit hours; it includes 100% online coursework, a human services internship and a master’s capstone experience.
To be considered for admission into the online human services MA program at Concordia University Chicago, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Prospective students are required to complete the free online application and submit all required admissions materials:
- Objective Statement– Write a brief essay outlining your education and career goals and explain how an online MA degree from Concordia University Chicago will help you fulfill those objectives.
- Official Transcripts– Provide one official, sealed transcript from each institution that has granted you a degree. Full admission requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better for bachelor’s degrees and 3.0 or higher for master’s degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation– Send two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on your academic proficiency, professional competencies and personal character.
International applicants may be required to submit additional supporting materials, such as proof of English language proficiency and a foreign transcript evaluation from an approved credentialing service. For full requirements, visit the Admission & Tuition page.
There is no application fee and no GRE requirement to apply for the online master’s in human services program at Concordia University Chicago.
MA, Human Services: 33 Credit Degree Program
Human Services Courses
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|HMS 6000||Introduction to the Human Service Profession||3|
|HMS 6010||Human Service Systems||3|
|HMS 6045||Values, Attitudes and Ethics||3|
|HMS 6030||Information, Planning and Evaluation||3|
|HMS 6015||Intervention and Direct Services||3|
|HMS 6495||Administration of Human Service||3|
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects an 18% increase in employment of human services managers by 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
That’s to be expected given the growing population and the increased need for skilled workers in the human services field. Government agencies, nonprofits, healthcare facilities and private companies all need professionals with expertise in the human services field.
Earning an MA in Human Services prepares graduates for a variety of leadership and management positions, including:
- Director of Mental Health Services
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Human Services Educator
- Higher Education Counselor
- Student Affairs Administrator
- College Instructor in Human Services
Salaries in this field vary depending on the position. Many graduates with a master’s in human services degree go on to work as social and community service managers. According to the BLS, these managers earn a median salary of almost $65,000 a year, with the top 10% earning nearly $111,000.
The need for human services professionals continues to rise. An MA in Human Services from Concordia University Chicago will prepare you for leadership in a growing field that offers not only job security but also the satisfaction of helping others.
If there is no interruption in your course of study at Concordia University Chicago, you are guaranteed there will be no increase in tuition rates. Contact us to confirm the current tuition and fees for the online MA in Human Services. Students who enroll in the program as a degree candidate are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Active-duty military service members, veterans and eligible dependents can take advantage of financial programs available to assist in paying for a college education. For more information, please visit our website.