Why Concordia University Chicago?
As a distinctive, comprehensive university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago equips men and women to lead and serve with integrity, creativity, competence and compassion in a diverse, interconnected world.
As the world becomes more connected, the demand for English teachers grows. The Master of Arts in TESOL program is designed for those who want to become an expert in teaching English to speakers of other languages. This track is ideal for anyone who wants the qualifications to become an ESL/EFL teacher either in the US or abroad. Learn to teach both children and adults. Graduates can expect to have the skills to work in community organizations, intensive English programs, colleges/universities or private language organizations.
Certificate in TESOL
TESOL is also offered as a certificate for students who seek to acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching but do not wish to pursue a master’s degree in the field.
Get in Touch
- Megan Veselic
- (708) 263 - 6758
- Language and Linguistics
- Cross-Cultural Studies for Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Applied Philology and World Englishes
- Teaching ESL/EFL to Adult Learners
- TESOL Curriculum Planning and Methodology
- Second Language Acquisition
- Issues in Second Language Rhetoric and Composition
- Teacher as Researcher
- Capstone Experience
- Seminar in Reflective Practice